Friday, September 17, 2010

Computer Busted, My Bad


Well, it was really dumb on my part, but I packed my laptop in a bin that I checked, and now it's broken. Really dumb considering how many carry-on's I had, seems like I could have made room for it. Stupid. I discovered that it was broken when I first booted it up after unpacking it and the screen looked like this:


I left it on for Corey to look at, and he did, then turned it off. The next day I turned it on again and after poking it and pushing it in different ways, I discovered that the screen will show a picture and the mouse will work if I hold it like this:


If I let go, the mouse stops working and it starts to fade into pretty colors...


You can see my thumb prints.


It's pretty slow to type with one hand, but I did for two days, and now I'm done with it. I'm now using Corey's laptop (good thing he has two) and my Dell is officially turned off until December unless I need access to an old photo or something, which I might. Hopefully we can get it fixed after we go back to the states. And I'll bring it home in a carry-on.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could lend you my mac! I guess if Corey has two. My mac hard-drive needs a good cleaning. It only has about 2 gigs left. I've been meaning to move it all to a hard drive but, you know, no time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really similar to what happened to my dell after one of the girls was pounding on the keyboard. I fiddled with it, and i think it ended up being the cord that connects the screen to the motherboard that was loose. after pushing that back in, it was better, but the screen still sometimes goes crazy if i torque the keyboard. I'll email corey a picture of where that connector is on mine, which is probably the same since they're both dell's, but not sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoulda heard Mom react at the first picture. :) We're curious- is it the screening or the jostling that ruined it?? Or both? It was well padded. Anyway, we're befuddled here.
    I love reading your posts! I'm with Neil- movie script in the writing! Sell it and voila! Got it made!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...