Friday, September 24, 2010

Why Dads Don't Love Swimming with Kids


It's fun to have a water fight with them them or throw them up in the air like a rocket, not so fun to be a kid magnet. But something about being in the water with them just makes it happen.


Actually, it just occurred to me that this was my fault... if I hadn't given Lily to Corey to hold he could have fought them off and kept having a rough and tumble time. So let me correct myself... Dads probably always love swimming with kids except for when they have to play the Mom's roll.

Wes, so proud of himself that he is holding on so tight.

2 comments:

  1. At least kids aren't as heavy in the water! It does start to strain the neck a bit. It seems like this happens more often to Fathers than Mothers. Are we really not that fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, aint it fun. Too bad I'm too small to hold most of their heads above water. I'm not much to cling to. But throwing is a lot of fun. What drives amy crazy is I cling to her in the water.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...