Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sunburn Thoughts


So, my back still hurts. It's the 3rd almost 4th day, and it's still as red as the 1st day.

The sun wasn't even out, but I totally got fried from our trip to Flamingo on Saturday. Is that cause I'm just so white? My back hasn't seen the open sky for a long long time. Maybe it's cause I'm getting old? I've noticed these past few years that I bruise really easily and they take a while to heal, maybe it's the same for sunburns? Abi and Lily have recovered from their redness. Honestly I totally had my guard down cause of all the cloud cover. It's left me a little amazed. I'd heard you could get burned, but didn't think it would be this bad.

I've heard the analogy that sunburns are like sin, and it's better to prevent sin than have to repent of sin. My Skin is like me and my life, the Sun is the devil, the sunburn is the pain he leaves in my life, repentance is like Aloe Vera, sunblock and clothing are the armor of God ... To what can I compare the clouds that deceived me into a false sense of security?

On the bright side, I am glad that my farmer tan from spring soccer is finally gone.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! That looks painful. Hope it heals soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the clouds are either mists of darkness that make us think there is no danger or they are distractions hiding the reality of sin and the devil.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...