Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wesley's 2 cents on Drying Clothes

So, the washer and dryer were sold yesterday. I thought someone was going to come by at 5, but ended up being 3:30, so I didn't finish drying the last loads of laundry I was trying to hurry and do. After we waved goodbye to our clothes cleaners, and I took a deep breath and told myself "It's okay! You can survive 3 days!" I took the basket of wet clothes into the backyard to see if inspiration came as to what to do. The deck railings looked a little dirty. Hmmm. Wesley followed me out and said "Put them on the trees! That's what Little John does..."
I looked at the low lying branches of aspen trees, looked pretty clean, and Wesley was right, Little John did it - hard to argue with reasoning like that? We draped them up and I got them down this morning. A few got blown off with the canyon winds during the night, but they were all dry. They felt nice and crispy and I had a flash back to washing clothes by hand and clothes-pinning them up in Brazil. That was hard at times, but overall a great experience and I'd do it again, and I guess we kinda are right now. I'm hoping CR won't be as hard as Brazil was. Although Brazil was probably mostly hard cause it was my first time living internationally, so I was having a bit of a greenie on a mission experience. I think I'm better prepared this time. Plus, this place has a washer and dryer it says. Hope there aren't too many rude awakenings when we get there. Oh, have you seen our place? Here's a LINK to it - what do you think? It will be interesting to see it in person and then compare it to how I picture it right now in my mind. Check out the howler monkey picture - I hope they are cute and calm, the one in this picture kinda freaks me out.
I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...