Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Gingerbread Surprise

On Saturday morning a neighbor called to see if we were home. She also asked me if I knew anyone who makes fresh gingerbread. "No,,," I replied, a little puzzled by her question. Then she asked if she could come by. I guess I should have/could have put two and two together, but I didn't, cause a few minutes later she came by and totally surprised us by giving us a big candy house! What a treat! She said she just likes the idea of there being a candy house in a home with lots of children, (and her question about making gingerbread was just to test if this was something I already did) so lucky for us! It was made with fresh gingerbread she made herself! (nice smile Natalie)
She said they had a family tradition of waiting until Christmas day before letting the kids eat it, but... after teaching them patience for a few days with the forbidden candy in their sight, I decided to let them have some Christmas early today. :) I took off the cellophane wrapping, and you could smell the gingerbread ~ "Hey kids!!! You can come have some of the candy house!"
Well, first I let Natalie have the cookies. ...and then I ate the row of kit kat bits. And then we called for the kids come.
So nice, thank you to our wonderful neighbor Kim B! Thank you very much for such a thoughtful gift to us.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...