Thursday, January 14, 2016

Ko Olina, Hawai'i

Well, we're here, our first time to Hawai'i. It is pretty darn pretty. Temperature is an amazing and heavenly 71 degrees! And the hotel is just lovely too, gotta like Marriott - as Corey said, they are "made to please the eye and gladden the heart."
We arrived in Honolulu around 12:30, spent an hour getting our car (long line) and then came here to the resort to check in. Then we walked around. View from our deck - we're on the lowest level, so we can walk right down the grass and on to that little sidewalk which leads out to the pools and bbq pits and beach. Little slice of paradise.
We walked around the grounds. One look at the pool, and all I could think ~ "The kids would love that!!" I personally don't want to go swimming, but feel like I need to take a swim through the cave on their behalf. We'll see.
(They really would have loved it!) Then we continued our meandering, out along the path by the shore, there are four little man made beaches. Pretty cool. We walked as far as we could (blocked off for construction) then we walked back. The sunset was awesome. I could watch the sun hang in the sky all day.
One more cool plant. Gosh I love all the plants and flowers and creations on this planet. I love the sun, the moon, the ocean, the sky.  
Scripture for the day ~ Mosiah 4:9 "Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." I cannot comprehend how I am on just a small island of the Pacific, but I get here and drive around and see that I'm surrounded by huge mountains and huge sky, and this is just one little island? The world is so small, but it is so big, I can't comprehend it. but I know the Lord can. He created all these wonders and beauties for us to enjoy, his children. It's just amazing. The attention to detail that He gives to it all, from the colors on that all leaf plant there (no flower blossoms, just amazing tie-dyed leaves!) to the flourescent red sun setting in the sky, to knowing it's really the ground beneath our feet spinning while we're rotating around the sun, it doesn't stop. It's just amazing. Everything is amazing, so be happy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...