Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Here's Hoping

I like living in my bubble. Life is happy here in my bubble, in our little corner of heaven in this neighborhood with wonderful neighbors and children for my children to play with. I am most happy when I have all my children at home with me. I feel like we are safe. But then I read the news. And then my heart starts to fail me. I really don't want to know very much about what's going on in the outside world. I have pretty much been avoiding it until Corey shared with me lots of garbage about how horrible Donald Trump is on our date last Friday night.

I am shaking my head so much right now as I think about the 2016 election.  It's not even fun for me, cause I don't have a team to cheer on. I still wish Mitt had won. 2008 or 2012, either one would have been great, I guess it would have given me faith that our country isn't going to hell. But after the 2012 loss, I decided I just can't care, I can't control it, I can't make a difference other than casting my vote. If Mitt would have won, I probably would have put my faith in the government and in who our President is. So maybe the Lord is letting this happen so I will not put my faith in any man or in the arm of the flesh, I need to put my faith in Christ.

While we were living in Brazil, I read the Old Testament from cover to cover for the first time. That was the first time I read the book of Daniel from front to finish, and when I discovered Daniel 4. Two verses from that chapter impressed me to trust that God knows who the Presidents and kings of each nation are, and HE is in control and HE puts even the basest of men there for his own purposes. In verse 17, Nebuchadnezzar tells of a dream that he had of a great tree with much fruit that a holy one came and cut down ~ for "the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men."

Daniel interprets the dream and says Nebuchadnezzer is the tree and that (verse 25) "they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will."

Then in verse 30, Nebuchadnezzer is admiring his great Babylon, his great kingdom that he thinks he has built up: "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty? While those words were still in his mouth, a voice came from heaven declaring (verse 31-32): "O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee. And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will."

My take away - our country is in God's hands. God rules in this nation and he giveth it to whomsoever he will. Why he willed Obama to be president, I do not know, but his ways are higher than my ways and his thoughts than my thoughts. And I trust that HE ultimately is in charge of this next election. (God help us!)

So, I've been in a bit of despair this morning. Obama and the current election isn't the sole purpose for these thoughts, but the corruption and evil things in this country have (and I tend to pin those on Obama and liberals like him). I was awakened today to how bad things are when I read today that Dave Daleiden, the man behind making those Planned Parenthood videos, has been indicted by a Grand Jury in Texas for attempting to buy baby parts. Yet Planned Parenthood is not guilty of selling them. Again: Planned Parenthood is innocent of selling baby parts to Dave Daleiden, but Dave Daleiden is guilty of buying baby parts from Planned Parenthood. But how could the buyer be guilty of buying but the seller not guilty of selling?

To quote Matt Walsh: "The only way these charges could look even remotely honest is if Planned Parenthood had been brought up on them as well. In that case it still would have egregiously unfair considering Daleiden didn’t actually intend on purchasing any human tissue, while Planned Parenthood did intend on selling it, but at least they would be making a minimal effort to give off the appearance of impartiality. Even that, apparently, was too much to ask."

I just feel sick for our country, that abortions are performed and celebrated, that there is such disregard for chastity and that 50 Shades of Grey and Game of Thrones are enjoyed as entertainment. I'm sick about Human trafficking, gosh I feel like things are so bad. Yet, here I am in my little bubble and my children are safe and we are happy (unless I read the news) so I'll avoid it and I'll just keep watching BYUtv and will "see the good in the world." In my home I'll teach my children to read the scriptures and to believe in God, and they are already becoming great people. I know there are lots of great people out there, and that brings me back to hope. There are people out there like Timothy Ballard who really have seen how bad it is, they've been on the front lines. If he still can go about doing good and fighting evil and if he still believes in America, then I guess I can believe too. And there is lots of work to do.

Wickedness is all around us, evil is called good and good is called evil, but my trust is in God, not the world around me. He is in control, he is at work, Zion is growing stronger as are the forces of evil that oppose her. I will look to the prophets for guidance and keep my family close and take care of them. That is the most important thing I can do with my time. God will make all things right in the end. Which makes me want to sing the song from the Savior of the World play "Come in glory to the earth, come to us to rule and reign. Ready us to be thy people. Come, Lord Jesus, come!" I pray and yearn for the day when he will come again, and I know he will come. I will immerse myself in the scriptures and listen to General Conference. I read Alma 58 today, before I read about Dave Daleiden, and that kind of prepped me for that news. There are so many stories in the Book of Mormon that can help us and that show us how the righteous live when they are surrounded by evil and corruption. Verses 9-10 - Like Helaman and his army, I am "grieved and also filled with fear, lest by any means the judgments of God should come upon our land, to our overthrow and utter destruction. Therefore (I will) pour out (my soul) in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us." And I trust that he will, as in verse 11: "...it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him." Here's hoping! So there is my rant for today. Back to my bubble! I'm going to go kiss my beautiful baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...