Friday, December 16, 2016

Flute Recital

Melodie had a flute recital tonight. I wasn't able to bring a good camera or take good pictures cause I had little kids with me, so this phone pic from after it was over will be our official photo for the event.
I was happy to go to represent the parents of our household. I almost didn't make it out of the house... Natalie was watching me closely but I didn't want to take her. When I finally was able to sneak out to the garage, I was a bit perturbed to find that I couldn't leave cause I couldn't put Daniel's car seat in the back of the car cause the back was full of tools for ice rink construction. Blah! It was heavy and I cursed the ice rink (sorry sweetie) as I struggled to pull them out and tried to find a place for them in the garage, Natalie discovered us before we departed and I was caught, and so she came. We left, but now I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to stay for the recital cause Natalie would be running around. But I told Mel I'd go in and see how long she lasted. The Lord had mercy upon me and she was very good the whole time and Daniel was just an angel. I was able to stay for the whole thing! I grabbed this video of it to share with Corey:

Mel did a great job I thought, but when I told her she shook her head. Sure, I admit that I might not be a good judge since I don't play any instrumnet. They are always so critical of each other and of themselves and notice all the little things that didn't do as planned in their pieces, but to me, Hey, y'all sound amazing.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...