Monday, December 5, 2016

Stayin' Alive

Corey left for Chile this morning. He's going to be in Chile for a week and then fly to Brazil for another week. I took him to the airport at 4 a.m, his flight left at 6. I didn't get a nap today, but the kids are still alive, so that's good. I'm on my own for 2 full weeks. 10 kids and a newborn, a busy Christmas season, performances and concerts... no sweat, right?
 
Should be no problem as long as I keep perspective and channel a little bit of my great grandmother Mary Williamson. Her husband, Ambrose, left her to serve a mission to England for over two years, twice! And she was left on the American frontier raising a family on the farm. I ain't got nothin' to complain about. As we drove to the airport this morning, I also mentioned to Corey a dream that Mary had... Once she had a dream and was asked by an angel what she would like for her faithfulness. She asked for more children, and then went to a pond where there were fish swimming and chose two - one gold one (that would end up being her blonde boy Julian, my grandpa) and a dark one, that would be her dark haired Mark. Corey asked "...So you're saying you want two more kids cause I'm taking this trip?" The way he said it made me laugh ~ no, sweetheart, I'm fine if you want to be done with the baby stage of our lives. We have been doing this for a while, and yes, we're a little old to try and keep it up. Still, I'm willing to revisit the subject in a year or so (not that we're getting any younger... clock is tickin') but I just offer it as a slight explanation for my addiction to babies. It's in my genes.

So, anyway, if I was behind on blogging and life before he left, then it's probably gonna get worse here for the next 14 days. Ya do what you can, I have over a week to catch up with blogging here. Good luck me, and remember, Everything's Amazing!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...