Sunday, October 10, 2010

General Conference

Corey, Joe, Mel, and Ethan last Sunday on their way to Nicoya to watch the morning session of Conference at the meeting house there. I stayed home with the little ones and didn't catch much, but enough to know that the many of the messages were meant for me. Especially Pres. Monson's talk on gratitude (I had been murmuring the week before... my Laman and Lemuel were taking over, I hate it when that happens! But Nephi has returned and I'm doing better now.)

Two more conference thoughts, I read of these "letters" on a friend's blog, and I think I love it. Since I don't have time to think right now, this is copied almost verbatim from links that I followed from her site - is it okay to pirate other peoples thoughts if they would be mine if my brain had the ability to compose them?

------------------------------------
Dear General Conference,

I love you. Your twice-yearly broadcasts speak to my soul. I realize this is the point of your existence. I have learned to feast on your messages all year long. After all, I don't get much out of you while the kids are in the room. For some of the talks, we didn't bother trying to get the kids to listen and just sent them out to the pool - hope you don't mind. I missed some of your speakers entirely, other were in Spanish and I need to listen to them again. I promise to watch you later when I can listen and take notes. You are awesome!

See you soon,
Spiritually hungry
------------------------------------

...and from another friend's blog, I thought this was great and will be doing this during my re-listen sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...