Friday, October 29, 2010

Pico de Gallo

Lily ready to help dice up some tomatoes and onions.

Today Shirley left us with a ton of rice and a ton of beans. I can't even fit them in the fridge. I think if we eat them at every meal over the weekend we'll still have some left over on Monday. But I feel like I can't cook anything if we still have all this rice and all these beans that need to be eaten. So to go along with our Gallo Pinto tomorrow, I made some Pico De Gallo. I just forgot to get cilantro at the store. doh. Maybe I'll go buy some in the morning. Lily is great at helping me make it. She seems to be happy if she's sitting on the counter - it's much better than having her grab my legs and cut off my ability to walk around. She loves tomatoes, and she doesn't flinch if she bites into the onion either.




She loves eating red peppers too, she's such a healthy little person.


We are having our Halloween festivities tomorrow. We got each of the kids a small Lego toy at the AutoMercado today. I'm wrapping those up and going to put them at their doors for them to see when they wake up so they can play with it tomorrow all day (rather than give it to them when we go trick or treating from bedroom to bedroom tomorrow night - cause if I wait till then they won't have much time to play with it, since it will be bedtime and then Church Sunday morning.) Happy Halloween! I'm so glad we are not having a ton of Halloween Candy to deal with this year! (Aren't I such a party pooper) and the kids have made their own costumes, much cheaper than the $100+ I spent on costumes last year (I'm such a tight wad too). And I didn't have to decorate anything (the kids might do that tomorrow too - (having a door decorating constest before we trick or treat) I think this will be my most favorite Halloween yet!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...