Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Watch Out For Fire Ants


...cause if they get you, you'll be feeling like this little man.


He was being tough, but wanted to help me help all of you get a good idea of the sting he was feeling, so winced up his face really well for the camera. Poor little Wes, he was just running around trying to get the ants off of his ankles (Wes! You gotta stop drop and roll!) I didn't know if he was just playing, but finally when the noise outside didn't end, went to find him and hurried and took off his flip flops, brushed of his legs and feet, and dunked his legs in the pool.

In happier news, this same day (10/25) we saw more monkeys in the trees north of our home. There were like 5 of them. Now seeing them closer, we realized they are pretty small monkeys, We were standing near the bottom of the tree close to them. My zoom was temporarily not working when we went out, so I didn't get closer, but we'll try to spot them again and get a closer picture.


A little while after the monkeys, we found another big grasshopper...


I found it on the street, it was dead but in perfect condition, I thought this was my chance to get a picture myself holding it up close... I gave it to Ethan to hold while I went back in to get my camera so we could get a picture, I came back out, and he had dropped it and one of it's legs broke off and both of it's antennas, now a close up picture wouldn't look as cool and we couldn't fool all of you into thinking I was brave. Oh well. So we just did this one above with Ethan and the hopper on his pants. (I'm not sure what Ethan's doing.) :)

1 comment:

  1. NO WAY!! Tiffany we are good friends with the Royals, what are the chances that you guys are there together!!??? That is way random! And I still have no idea why either of you guys are there, we can't get Melanie to answer that question, I guess I'll have to read up on your blog! Wow have fun and take care of each other, I'm sure you will:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...