Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Papaya Smoothie

So I heard about this two weeks ago and have been eating it for breakfast since. May I introduce to you the Stout's Breakfast Smoothie - blend together Frozen Papaya, Frozen Banana, and pineapple juice. Mmmm....


Have you tried papaya? We did over Conference weekend, and none of us cared much for it. Corey always comments that it smells like vomit. He's right. I don't like how it looks much either - looks like fish eggs or something. Still, I read if you eat it regularly you'll maintain good health and vitality! Well heck, who doesn't want that, eh? Mostly, it's one of the less expensive produce items at the store. Tara Martinsen mentioned to me that the Stouts told her this way to use papaya - healthy and delicious.


Since I don't have sandwich baggies on hand to use, (I don't want to spend money to buy them anyway), I've been freezing my bananas on a plastic plate (I used to have a freezer stocked of frozen bananas for my Chocolate protein shakes). I think I'll keep doing it this way after CR, it's quicker and less messy than putting them in plastic bags.


Then do it with the Papaya too. When they are frozen solid, bend the plate to help pop them loose, store them in a cut milk container.



Experiment with the proper combination, I've been using 1/2 c. water, 1/4 c. pineapple juice, about 7 sliced banana circles, then I put in double that of papaya - from 14 to 20 cubes of it. Also yesterday and today, after I made the shake I stirred in a 1/2 c. of cottage cheese - a good protein and produce combination for a great breakfast. Here's to health and vitality! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...