Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Independence Day!

We had a wonderful 4th of July. We got up early this morning for our neighborhood Fun Run and Pancake Breakfast. It was great to see everyone. I went with Melodie, Ethan, Hyrum, Wes and Abi to the race at 7:30, Corey stayed home with the rest of the little girls who were still sleeping. The kids love being back with all their friends!
After the race, I went home to help Corey get the girls ready, then back to the church for breakfast.
We think Natalie is still so cute in her pig tails. Hyrum was amazed at how thick the plastic plates were! They really were amazing quality, something they wouldn't have ever noticed or appreciated without our trip to Brazil.
Enjoying pancakes with syrup, eggs, and ham with juice and chocolate milk.
Natalie showing us she's a big girl and doesn't need any help.
After breakfast, I went home with Natalie and Corey stayed with the rest of the kids to watch the parade. I just wasn't up for it, seeing as I hadn't come prepared with chairs or anything to park my 36 week pregnant self. Plus it's hot here!!
After I got home, Corey called for me to come and get them because Wes was having an allergic reaction to some cats he was playing with. I went and got them and Wes' eyes were all swollen. Corey ran to Walgreens to get him some medicine and Wes took a shower and changed his clothes, and Lily, Sophi, and Natalie ate some ice cream. Then they had fun watching a deer that came in the back yard.
Pretty cool! Natalie called it a doggie.
We spent the rest of the day at home, kids still playing legos, I spent my time reading "The American Covenant" by Timothy Ballard. Later that evening Corey took the kids to Holladay to watch the fireworks with Grandma and Grandpa and all the cousins. Holladay always has a great firework show.
They have a fun new playground there which the kids loved!
Lily and Wesley got to open some belated birthday gifts from Grandma and Grandpa.
I stayed home with Natalie, it was just too hot and I just wanted to sit where on a soft couch and not sweat. So I gave Mel my camera and she took the pictures for me.
I was thinking I'd read. But instead I finished unpacking our luggage as I watched a special on BYUtv that was excellent - First Freedom: The Fight for Religious Liberty. It made me feel better about the future, since I've been in a "give up on this country/world" mood since the Supreme Court's decision on gay marriage last week. I don't like how it was done through the courts after so many states voted and made their voices known. It makes me feel like the country is falling apart, but after watching that documentary, it reminded me that the people of history didn't live in the past, they lived in their "present" and living in the present always means you don't know what the future holds and what will happen next. But so far, I think things have turned out okay. I also mentally hold on to the hope I feel from this quote by President Harold B. Lee -
"Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail. This is the cradle of humanity, where life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden. This is the place of the New Jerusalem. This is the place that the Lord said is favored above all other nations in all the world. This is the place where the Savior will come to His temple. This is the favored land in all the world. Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won’t fail. I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America, if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges.

"I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through."

-President Harold B. Lee ( Source: Ye Are the Light of the World 350-51 )
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...