Thursday, April 7, 2016

Standing

This little man can stand. He needs some help to get up to the couch, so I usually prop him up there. He is also still a bit unsteady, so I put pillows around him to cushion his head should he topple over. Luckily he usually does the sit down fall on his padded diaper.
He likes standing up. He can stand up on his own if I'm on the ground for him to pull on. My stretchy knit shirts are easier to get a hold of than couch cushions. He also likes to pull my hair, hence why I have it up in a high sloppy bun all the time.
So this is the new trick for me to try and get away from him for a few minutes without him crying.
Owen can't crawl yet. He gets pretty frustrated, and he yells and tries to communicate to us that we just don't understand how hard it is for him to push up and move his big heavy body with such little arms. Mostly though he just needs to learn to bend his knees. We try to tell him, but he doesn't seem to understand our instructions. He'll get the hang of it sooner or later. I feel silly that I'm a little anxious for him to crawl, cause I know once he does I'll be telling him to stop and stay little like when Natalie began to stand alone. So sad, I just can't have it both ways!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...