Wednesday, September 28, 2016

And His Name Shall Be Called

We decided on the baby's name. Medical records called me when I was still out at the Riverton hospital yesterday morning around 10. I told her I'd call her back soon. Luckily the baby got his bilirubin number down from 18 the night before to 11 in the morning and thus got the okay to be discharged earlier than I expected. We were home right before noon. I gave Corey a half hour to look the kid over before I said time was up. Daniel and Peter were the top two in the running. Corey made me laugh... "I just don't see what the hurry is! Why are you pressuring me! I'm not even sure about Owen... I don't think I signed off on that one." Yes you did. You were up at Park City when you gave the okay... (glad that I document these things...) We both liked Daniel the best, so we just ran through different middle names for a few minutes. He suggested Curtis, which I thought was great "Ok! I'll call and tell her..." "Don't call her yet" as he was getting ready to walk out the door. Well, not point in waiting longer cause if you're leaving. You're not going to be th inking about this at work and thus we'll just still be here where we are now... let's get this over with. We can do it sweetie! "I don't know... I don't like to commit..." as he left. That means game over! I picked up the phone, and at 1:09 on September 27th it was official -
  Daniel Curtis Wride 
Hooray! Daniel it is! Now we all just have to get used to calling him by name rather than calling him "the new baby". After the kids got home and we shared the big news, they had ti keep correcting themselves... "Can I hold the new baby, I mean Daniel!" Yes, his name is Daniel. So, Daniel, hope you're okay with that. We did our best with absolutely no help from you. Phew! Glad we cleared the name hurdle again.

Here are some pictures of the kids with their favorite little person
This was the morning I came home last Wednesday. Get ready baby brother! You've got 3 adoring toddlers looking out for you, watch out!
Lily and look, Daniel's eyes are open! I still need to honor her request and email this picture to her teacher for show and tell. She couldn't quite understand why, but I told her that unfortunately the baby will not be making an appearance in person yet.

Need to get some pictures of the rest of the kids. I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...