Monday, September 19, 2016

Good Morning Delivery Day!

Its 5 a.m. Shall I give the play by play today? Trusting that today really is the day? Of my 7 scheduled inductions, I've only had one time that I had to wait another 2 days. But it so disappointed me that I've had my guard up for the deliveries following that. Which luckily has just been Owen and this one. SO, not totally sure they didn't have a midnight labor rush or something, but hopefully when I call at 7 they'll say I can come in.

I think I shall blog and document the play by play via my phone today, cause if I do go in, I anticipate having a lot of waiting around twiddling my thumbs. Let's begin ~

3:08 a.m. - woke up to go to the bathroom
3:24 a.m. - decide if I don't fall back asleep in the next 20 minutes I'll get up and exercise.
3:45 - got dressed
4:04 - started walking and light jogging on the treadmill in the basement
4:50 - finished 3 miles, then came here to blog for a bit.
5:20 - going to go take a bath and pack (started to pack a little bit last night - got the infant carseat ready and broke out the newborn onesies.)
....
6:20 - wake up kids for school and I'm ready to go
7:00 - called the hospital, "Come on in!" Yay! I wake up Corey
7:25 - Corey's ready, gives me a Priesthood blessing and then we're off!
7:40 - arrive at hospital
7:55 - in my lovely gown and all hooked up to monitors
8:05 - Dr. Tanner broke my water, they're super efficient this time, cool
8:10 - IV is in
8:10 to 8:30 - 101 questions
9:30 - dilated to a 3
10:00 - dilated 4+
11:00 - dilated to a 5
....
So, I've learned today that it's not so easy to blog via phone... my phone keeps refreshing the page and erasing everything that it takes me a long time to type with my thumbs. So this is my last attempt here... Baby was born at 1:46, 7 lbs 10 oz, 20.5 inches, looks like a dark haired Owen, he's a keeper.
Now we get to play the name game. Will update more after I'm back home.
~~
I'm back home now. I'll start off here with a little more detail about Delivery day.

After I was dilated to a 5, they called my doctor. He told them to take me off the pitocin so that I wouldn't deliver before he got there, since I usually go pretty quickly after I'm at a 5. So then I was chilling while we waited for him. They called him again and he had another patient in labor ready to deliver at a different hospital, so he had to go there first, and then he'd come to deliver me. So that was my twiddle my thumbs part. I didn't read anything I brought, I just watched the monitor. It's amazing how quickly the half hours can pass by just watching and listening for the baby's heart beat to come back up after each contraction. So that's what I spent the morning doing. Dr. Smith arrived at 12:15, my contractions had become really spaced out and I had been stuck at an 8, so they started the pitocin again and in 20 minutes I was ready to go. They brought all their people in, I took my usual loss of all dignity pose, and one push out came the head, second push and they put a baby on my tummy. Born at 1:47, 7 lbs, 10 oz, 20.5 inches. He was facing away from me on my tummy so I didn't get a good look at him, but we rubbed him all off and tried to get him to cry, and I loved it again as we heard those sweet little "what in the world just happened to me" squeels and cries from our little one.

As for the rest of the day, they main thing I didn't like this time was that they kept me hooked up to the pitocin drip for a few hours after delivery. Didn't take it out until 8 pm. And having my arm thus attached to a long IV didn't allow me to change out of the hospital "gown". I usually like getting out of that thing pronto, but I was still in it when Corey and the kids came by. The kids asked to poke my tummy and I let them, they were a bit grossed out by how squishy it was now.

I wish I would have gotten a video of them as they walked into the room. After they got in, I told them to go out and come in again so I could record it, but no way were they going to walk away from their baby brother.
But I got this video. Can you tell that everyone is super excited?

You can barely hear it, but Ethan says he wishes he could be pregnant so he can have a baby. Corey says something like "Lucky you - You live at a time in history where some people would say that that is actually possible!" to which Ethan replied "Never mind..." and I was laughing.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...