Friday, June 16, 2017

Morning Exercise

Corey's out of town, so I haven't been doing my morning runs outside in the morning. It's okay, cause I don't feel like running lately. And I don't want to get on the treadmill either. But Daniel woke up at 6 this morning, so I fed him and then thought I'd go catch two walking buddies at 6:30 - Kathy and Lisa. They are both super fun, and they'd admit they are both chatter boxes! When we walked up to them, and even as we walked, Daniel had his head turned 90 degrees and was just watching them the whole time, either wondering who these two strangers were or wondering if they'd ever stop talking. We finally wore him out, but he wouldn't let himself lay back. We tried to pad his cheeks with the blanket. We were laughing pretty hard at him:
Doesn't he look irritated with us - all the noise, making him go exercise outside... just.so.annoying. After he gave us this look, we were able to get him to lay down and he took a quick morning power nap for 20 minutes as we finished the walk. He's so cute.

Yesterday morning I got outside too. Wesley and I had talked about going on a morning hike. I told him if he wanted to do it, we'd have to go early and be back before the sun was up. He was game. I woke him up at 5:10 and this little trooper got up right away. He's one of my easiest kids to wake up. So off we went, we were on the trail at 5:36. Hike selfie!
We made pretty good time at first, so I thought maybe we could go to the waterfall. It's been a few years since I did that hike though, and I forgot how long it was. And how steep it was! At first I said we'd hike 40 minutes and then turn around and come home. But we kept going, and going... We had a few gospel parallels along the way - one of which was about enduring to the end and the belief that the hard work will be worth the reward.
"Let's go for 10 more minutes, I can hear it the river, I think we're close!" We ended up going for an hour and a half, we got to the waterfall at 6:55. 
We made it! 
After we took a quick picture, I got a text from Mel at 7:10 asking how much longer we'd be gone. Doh! I woke her up before we left so she could go sleep with Daniel and watch him if he woke up, which he did. I told her to wake up Hyrum to help. Mel had to babysit at 7:50, so Wes and I booked it down the mountain trail. It's always a lot faster coming down than going up. We were at the car at 7:50 and quickly drove home. It was a great way to start the morning. I love summer mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...