Saturday, November 27, 2010

Corey's Happy Surf Day

We went to the beach Monday night. Sort of a FHE, sort of a surfing farewell for Corey. We parked a little too far south on the beach (my fault) so had to walk to the surfboard rental shops and to the part of the beach where there weren't rocks.

Corey went and rented a surfboard and two boogie boards. He looked so macho walking back with his boards that I wanted a picture. I was too slow fumbling around for my camera, so I had to tell him to stop walking... "Ok... got my camera, it's on, ok, go!" He stands there. "No no, pretend you're walking" I said, and this is what he gave me.

Isn't that hilarious? That is his "I'm casually walking to the beach" pose. "Oh fine, just stand there then if you're gonna walk like that."

Ok, I guess that'll have to do. Here's our handsome hero for his last hurrah.

The man and boys got situated, who gets to go first, who gets which board...


Joe's heading out

There we go! That's the "walk" I was looking for! Bent knee, casually walking, looks natural!

...only now I can't see his face. Blast. No dashing features to grace the photo, but oh well...

These four kiddos got busy doing what they do best


Lily in her squat, love it, patting the sand with Mel. She eats the sand, I think she's iron deficient or something. The kids kept making mud balls - They'd go to the waves and get wet sand, run up with it to the dry sand, throw it in and roll it around and it would make a good ball of dirt. Lily thought it was an apple and would bite it.

Then she chased me around trying to get me to try it too. No Lily, I will not partake of your fruit of the tree of dirt!


But she is persistent. And cute. Hmm, well, okay, just one bite.



Cute kids.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Hermana! I have missed so much and am getting caught up as I read the last few posts. I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...