Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More Precious Than Gold


Isaiah 13:12 - "I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir. "

On days like today, Corey leaves me feeling in awe. He's pretty remarkable. He worked much during the day, and after his brain had had enough of the intense exercises to which it is constantly subjected, he went wanted to go surfing. It's on his list of things to do before he leaves Costa Rica. So he went to Tamarindo. He took Joe, Mel, and Ethan with him. He came home at dark bringing along with him a humble woman from Nicaragua and her 12 year old daughter and 6 year old son. Her husband died 10 days ago, and they have been walking from Nicaragua on their way to Panama. Walking. They've been traveling for 9 days so far. He picked them up hitch-hiking (which both of us do regularly if the Spirit gives the okay - I'm never afraid to pick up ladies. I've picked up a guy once cause I felt okay about it. Corey frequently comes home and tells me what the person he gave a ride to today had to say. Anyway...) As he gave them a ride they told him of their plight and said "We don't know what we're going to do!" as a way of asking for help, then the daughter more directly asked "Will you help us?" And of course he was going to. He picked up dinner and invited them to eat with us, shower, we gave them a bag of clothes for the boy, some for them, and other odds and ends things that I thought they could use - scissors, pen, paper, crayons, and a Book of Mormon. After eating, Corey took them on to Santa Cruz where he was going to pick up the missionaries and a sweet family that is getting baptized on Sunday. Jose, Brenda, Rosa, Justin, and Cassandra. He has so much work that he needs to do, but always makes time for me, for the Church, and for others. He's always up and doing, anxious to bless and serve. I know that he will continue to be charitable and giving when he's got million$ cause he does it now when he doesn't have much to work with. The righteous desires of his heart will be heard. I know that the Lord trusts him. Corey is so good. I feel so lucky that God gave him to me. I'm excited for us to go on missions together when we're older and for this time we have now with little ones in tow. Corey is such a great Dad too. He really amazes me in so many ways. I love you Corey - so grateful you are mine and I thank the Lord for hearing and answering my prayers to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...