Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

We will be joining the RMs tomorrow for a lovely Thanksgiving feast. They invited us to sleep over too. :) Hyrum, who is our family "no man" (as opposed to a "yes man") didn't want to, so the three oldest kids are sleeping over there and I brought the 4 younger ones home, and offered to do laundry for them in exchange. :)


Rachael and Melanie were working most all the day, a most amazing feat since their kitchen is the width of a hall and has,, I'm estimating, oh, about a 3x4 area of counter space. We will be eating outside by the pool (hoping it doesn't rain like it did tonight! If it hadn't slowed down I might have slept over there too.)

I went to AutoMercado for them to buy some pumpkin in a can but there was none, so Melanie's making due with a squash she found at the local Tico market and a few cans of sweet potatoes which AutoMercado did have on their Thanksgiving display for the Americans to buy. We're skipping on turkey, since it's $60. Thus chicken will be served as the main dish.

After dinner, the kids watched "Cats and Dogs" in the Royal parents' bedroom.

Isn't that a cute picture? This was taken after Abi, in the bottom right corner, fell down the ladder from the loft around 6:30, which is about the same time Wes got hurt last night. I think during the next several weeks I will be putting the kids to bed at 6. Abi got a big goose egg in the middle of her forehead but was very brave and didn't cry too long. I didn't get a picture of that but we'll see how it looks in the morning. I'm thankful that it was her and not Lily - Abi is a tough cookie and Lily is so little. I'm also thankful that Abi didn't cut her head open or need stitches. Thank you Lord.

I am thankful the RMs invited us to join them. I am also thinking along these lines tomorrow for Thanksgiving, that I read about in this post of this blog (scroll down for the section titled "Thanksgiving", when I read this several weeks ago it gave me much thought...) There are wonderful reasons why celebrate Thanksgiving. A day of Repentance, fasting, and prayer. Corey's also sent us a Thanksgiving lecture by Michael Medved via mp3 to listen to for homework. Should be good stuff! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...