Monday, November 15, 2010

Last Week: Monday - Wednesday

Woah, I haven't posted for a week, sorry! That went by a little too quickly. Actually every week of October and November have been flying by. Ok, so here's what's up. Although now that I sit down to type, I feel like I don't know how to put everything in coherent form. But I'll try.

So, Monday last week we hung around the house. We were supposed to have the missionaries over for FHE with a family that is getting married and baptized, but they called and postponed till Tuesday, but since I thought that was coming I didn't feel up to going out and doing anything and we just chilled at home and I cleaned and stuff.

Tuesday - Corey worked during the day, Shirley called to say she'd come tomorrow, so no maid again which was good cause I was in the mood to not have her come, so we read books and played and the kids swam. Around 3:00 Corey went surfing - on his list of to-dos before Chile. He took Joe, Mel, and Ethan with him and I took the other kids to the store for a few groceries to stock up for our weekend trip to San Jose.

Corey came home from surfing with a lady from Nicaragua and her 12 year old daughter and 6 year old son who had been hitchhiking. He went to the store to buy food for dinner for them and us. He left them in the car with the kids while he just ran into the store. When he came back it hit him how bad they smelled and it was obvious they needed a shower. They had been walking for 9 days - they were walking from Nicaragua to Panama. Her husband had died 10 days previously and buying his burial box took the last of her money, so she was leaving to be with family in Panama. They asked Corey if he could help, so after bringing them home for dinner and a shower, he took them to Santa Cruz and gave them money to buy one way bus tickets to Panama. (Just in case ever runs for political office, don't tell anyone he aided and abetted illegal aliens! :) and I guess I should delete this part from the blog too, huh!)

He took them to Santa Cruz cause he was going there to pick up Brenda, Jose, their 3 kids, and the missionaries. He dropped them off at the house of Brenda and Jose, sending them off with some money to buy bus tickets to Panama. Then he brought them to our house - that's 5 adults and 3 kids in a 5 passenger car. Yes, they were very squished in there but all arrived safely for a FHE.


(with Elder Martinez)

So, then on Wednesday, Shirley came and made us lunch, I took her home and we said goodbye cause we were leaving to San Jose the next day, and then Corey might be leaving next week and I was going to have a young married couple from the branch stay here with me if that happened, so then I came home, we packed for San Jose, and that was Monday through Wednesday last week...

Then Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were busy busy... coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...