Friday, November 19, 2010

Kick the Can

The kids and I went to visit the Meyers and Royals today after lunch. As soon as we pulled up, the older kids jumped out and I hardly saw them - they were lost in adventure playing the games kids play. After a few hours of exploring the jungles, they returned to homebase to play kick the can and I was finally able to get some pictures of them.

Kids Rule!!!!

So, what should we play?

Some going off to hide and planning their strategy to kick the can, which I would say was in a pretty guarded and hard to get to spot for any would be kickers...


Isn't that in a hard spot? You can see the food storage can in front of Mel's left foot - that's home base, on top of the pool house? The kids have to climb up and around the pool side to get at the roof of the pool house to kick it... I didn't know how they could do that without getting spotted, cause Mel had an unobstructed view in every direction from on top of there. Hmm.

Then I had to laugh when I saw how they did it. The person counting just stayed on top of the pool house looking around, and then all of a sudden (I need to ask the kids how they coordinated this part) after about 5 minutes in hiding they all came out at the same time and headed for the can.

The poor person that was it kept jumping and calling names, but with 14+ kids coming at ya, they couldn't call and jump over the can quickly enough before someone kicked it over. Good strategy I thought, but the person counting was in tears twice - felt a little ganged up on. And they were, but I don't know how else the kids in hiding were supposed to have a chance at winning. It was fun to see them all play together. They were busy and lost in their game for 5 hours, only taking a break when I called them in for sandwiches. It was great, just how childhood should be. I'm so glad we are here in Costa Rica! If we hadn't come, we never would have made these friendships. We're excited to meet more dear friends for the first time when we go to Chile, and we hope to be back to Costa Rica soon.

But there's 3 weeks before the kids and I go, so we'll be over to play again soon. (The kids want to do a sleepover!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...