Saturday, July 8, 2017

Scofield 2017

We spent yesterday and today in Scofield with lots of our friends for a great weekend of fun in the summer sun. It's become a wonderful summer tradition that we all look forward to! Years past2012201320142015, 2016The reservoir was really high this year, higher than we've ever seen it. It was all the way up within 20 feet of the deck of cabin, so that was nice for us adults that we didn't have to walk far to the dock. The kids had a great time on the paddle boats -
and on the kayaks - 
(The best thing about kayaks: tipping your friends over!)
They spent the day playing in the water as they took turns out on the boats. The families took turns making food for everyone - it was a feast at every meal! In the evening, the kids roasted marshmallows and made smores.
At night time, the little kids slept with their parents in tents, but most of the kids 5 and older slept in the cabin living room. Corey helped them quiet down for sleep by telling them stories about Porter Rockwell.
Corey is a great story teller and was able to keep them all on edge listening for a good 40 minutes. Finally everyone nodded off (except for the teenage boys... we heard them talking and Joseph confessed they stayed up "way late" talking about lots of stuff). The next morning, kids started to wake up ~ the noise and fun begins once again. Sophi and her friend Griffin playing with her stuffed unicorns.
Everyone has a couple of friends their age! We are so lucky to have so many great families around for us to raise our family with!
Daniel stayed in the cabin with me for most of the day, but I did suit him up once and took him to the dock. Like Sophi and Owen from years ago, the life jacket make Daniel a little immobile.
The kids got lots of sun but weren't too burnt. I tried to keep the sunblock on and it helped that the water was close, cause I could call them in and didn't have to walk down to the dock. Near the end of the afternoon before we all started to gather things up and pack for home, I was able to go out on the water for a bit with the other moms. I got to try boat surfing! I got up the first time and they said I'm a natural. It was fun to get out, I bet I'm an avid boater in another dimension. I know they took pictures of me, I'll update that here if they send them to me.

And a few more pictures...
Thanks to our friends for another great summer memory for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...