Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Keep the Faith

I really should start up my personal journal again. I don't really feel like I should share all my thoughts here, yet I still want to keep track of how the story of our life is playing out and the struggles we're trying to overcome. And most of the time when I learn of the struggles that other people face, I would choose ours over theirs. So, I shall strive to be grateful for these growing experiences and will also say that today could have been a really bad day had I turned to carbs or treats for my stress relief, ha! Didn't let the Sugar Dragon get me, good job self. But it's been a little bit of a "Stay calm" vs. "Oh-please-Lord-this-looks-really-big/bad/scary-I-don't-know-how-we're-gonna-make-it-through!!!" kind of day. Corey is in Seattle this week for his consulting gig/job. We talked on the phone last night, which led to me committing to a plant fast again today - A "plant fast" is my version of fasting right now in hopes of not loosing my milk (cause I love nursing my baby!) I might be fasting for a few days just eating plants (fruit, veggies, nuts) which has a bonus in that it helps my Healthy Habits challenge! So, a few thoughts: from Ann Voskamp "Worry is the facade of taking action. Prayer actually is." So I've been praying. And listening to lots of "You're gonna make it!" devotional talks (cue Elder Holland) ...I still need to get to the one that this quote below is taken from, "Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders Among You"
This morning at 6:30 I started with this great talk by Elder Holland in 1999 "A High Priest of Good Things To Come". I listened to it while I went for a morning walk. It made me cry a few times.

Followed by Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence" by Elder Holland around 9 as I was cleaning up around the house.

I've always loved his insights as he questioned why the crossing of the Red Sea is the example the Lord used for "the spirit of revelation" in Doctrine and Covenants 8:2-3 (in talk at minute 20:20) And a new insight that came to me this time... yes, the adversary does how power to hedge up the way, but he can't conquer if we will it otherwise.

And I finished off this morning with a byu devotional by Matthew Richardson around lunch time. I liked the "you gotta believe story" experience he had with Elder Holland starting 24:40. There seems to be a common theme here... hey, I should go talk to Elder Holland too! :) I'm sure I'll listen to several other talks before the day is over or will probably re-listen to those three all over again. Elder Holland's "Cast Not Away" talk is my go to talk when I need my faith shored up. But remember "Hang in there" is not a principle of the gospel. We are to come unto Christ. I'm grateful for that insight that was shared by Kevin W. Pearson "Stay By The Tree" Everyday, everyday, everyday!

4 pm - listening to Elder Evan Schmutz - God Shall Wipe Away All Tears
5 pm - Elder Holland again "Tomorrow the Lord Will Work Wonders Among You"

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...