Monday, December 13, 2010

7 Kids Asleep

Here at Curt and Ashley's apartment, all the kids get to sleep in one room together. That one room has two twin sized beds. The bedroom is about the width of a twin bed and the length of a twin bed. This is how it works:

This twin bed that Mel and Hyrum are sleeping comes all the way to the door - but you can open the door the whole way, and then that's where the bed begins, and goes all the way to the wall with the window. The other bed is a trundle mattress, which has been put perpendicular to the first bed:
Looks like last night it was Wes and Abi that got that spot. Little kids fit nicely there since it's shorter in length since the bottom third of the bed is tucked under the top bed.

Joseph has opted to take the floor again, cause whoever takes the floor gets one of the two pillows. Lily is Queen so she always gets the other pillow.

Hmm, but it looks like Ethan hijacked the pillow during the night. Poor Lily, does she know Ethan is sitting on her head? He wasn't in there when the night began. Lily does wake up crying during the night, so he probably got in her crib one of those times to help her. I think she had a rough time on the flight to Chile and has been a little out of sorts since. All she can remember is being totally exhausted and not having a place to lay down and relax that didn't have a kid or an arm rest or a foot chair bar in the way. She had a rough time, which made it a little rough for me. The worst of it was from 3-4 a.m Chile time (12 - 1 a.m. Costa Rica time). That stretch about did me in, but we survived, and I was kept busy from 4 - 5 cause I had to try and fill out 8 custom papers while I had a ticking time bomb of a sleeping toddler in my lap, a good challenge that helped that hour pass, and then it was time to get off the plane and go pay $1120 in reciprocity fees to the Chilean government so they'll let me in the country ... (8 people x $140 for US citizens, which said fee is based on how much your home country charges nationals of Chile to apply for a visa there, so I guess it's the US government's fault I have to pay that cause they charge Chileans $140. This entry fee, called the Entry Reciprocity Fee, is required of all citizens of the following 5 countries: Albania ($30), Australia ($60), Canada ($120), the United States ($140), and Mexico ($23). Kinda sucks, I don't like government fees.)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you traveled safely, even if the fees are ridiculous! The pictures are priceless. Your kids are going to love seeing those in 15 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still amazed as I follow your journey down south. Could you explain what you are doing and the plans and so forth, maybe I missed that entry. I am just fascinated. I thought I had it hard with 3 kids on a plane across country. You put us to shame and your kids are amazing! Keep writing. I think you should publish a book when you are done. Keep Soaking it up for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...