Friday, December 24, 2010

The Reason for the Season


As a gift from kids to parents this year, me and my siblings are all sharing our favorite picture of the Savior and our feelings of Him and His divine mission.

I love this picture of the Savior. I also love the actor Tomas Kofod's portrayal of the Savior in the clips shown on these two videos - ONE and TWO. His eyes seem to be able to see through others to the very center.

I believe in Christ. I believe that He created the world. I believe that he lived, that he died, and that he rose on the third day. He lives now. I know that he will come again. It is a truth I know more then anything, not because of anything I've seen with my eyes, only what I feel in my heart. My faith in Him gives my life meaning. Everything I have, love and enjoy I know is a gift from Him and I wll use it to praise and glorify him - I can praise him by being a good mother, by being happy, by being kind. He has blessed me beyond measure. For that I will ever praise His name.

Lastly - another video HERE - mostly I love this song. It's a song that makes me travel back in time to my mission in Arizona. It also makes me cry. I love the Lord.

Okay, one more - track 3 from 1984 Mannheim Steamroller cd - get the cd if you don't have it. It's a Christmas Music must have. Just beautiful. Makes me cry. I love the lyrics. I love the music. I love the Savior, I hope to be more like him and pray that He will call me friend.

Bring a torch, Jeanette, Isabella
Bring a torch, to the cradle run!
It is Jesus, good folk of the village;
Christ is born and Mary's calling;
Ah! ah! beautiful is the Mother
Ah! ah! beautiful is her Son!

Hasten now, good folk of the village;
Hasten now the Christ Child to see.
You will find Him asleep in the manger;
Quietly come and whisper softly,
Hush! hush! Peacefully now He slumbers.
Hush! hush! Peacefully now He sleeps.

Softly to the little stable.
Softly for a moment come;
Look and see how charming is Jesus
How He is white, His cheeks are rosy!
Hush! hush! see how the Child is sleeping;
Hush! hush! see how He smiles in his dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...